If you are booking air on your own, just be sure to know the peak season and have patience, it does not come overnight recieving the better airfare. Like expecting air prices to be a little higher than usual, take summer for an instance it is a given when all the students are out of school and families take their family trips. Spring break is another peak season to be aware of along with other major holidays.
- Book your flights and fast. Flights over the festive season can go fast, so hurry up.
- Avoid the busiest days of the holiday season which tends to be a day before and then a couple days after.
- The quieter days to travel are usually christmas day because most people would rather be celebrating the day instead of being on a flight or stuck at an airport for that matter.
- Cheaper flights - if you want to save a bit of a money and do not mind flying on christmas day it is worth looking at this day to travel on.
- check in online, airports tend to be busy over the festive season it will be less stressful and more enjoyable to enjoy the airport facilities, having a meal or drink before your flight instead of being stuck in the lineup waiting to be checked in moments before your flight departs.
- Check the weather network before you depart as there is a larger chance of bad weather accuring.
- See if you can travel with just carry on - so you do not have to stress over if the airline loses your luggage.